Hump Day Dump Day

It's time for another brain dump...

1. It's cold outside, baby. We're having unsually cold weather for the month in December here in NC. My baby looks like the kid from the move A Christmas Story when I bundle him up. It's a lot of work to bundle up a baby for the cold weather. I'm glad that we live in a place that only gets moderately cold for a short period of time. Baby mittens are funny!

2. We aren't having a big Christmas this year as far as presents go. I am not doing little gifts for everyone under the sun either. Call me a Scrooge if you must. I am keeping it to family. It's so much simplier that way. I haven't had to fight the crowds with Christmas shopping and get bummed out by seeing all of the hatred and Grinch-ery that seems to pour out of everyone in parking lots and shopping lines this time of year. I prefer to celebrate the season by just having quality time with my loved ones.

3. We go to bed early and get up early now. My hubby said to me this morning that he thinks we need to go to bed even earlier. I agree with him, but I am not sure how that is possible. There is not enough time in the day to keep up with every thing and then have a little "me" time, too. Something's gotta give. I have a feeling it's going to be the house (more dust, more fur balls rolling around, more clutter).

4. It's a good thing I am back at work. At least I don't sit around the house and obsess about the money and the house and other stuff. It's good to get out of the house, be productive, and interact with other adults. I didn't realize how much I needed to work until I returned this week.

5. I haven't watched any primetime television shows the past two weeks. I can't say that I really miss it.

6. I hope it snows! I love a good snow day! I don't like going out in it, but I love to watch it falling from my couch. I then like to see a snow-blanketed yard...it makes me feel so peaceful. And it's even better when Naeners gets the fire going in the fireplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me All About It: