2 Weeks Notice

Ok, actually, it's 3 weeks notice. Yesterday, I submitted my resignation letter to my current employer. And yes, yesterday was my official first day back to work from maternity leave. It was kind of a crappy thing to do on my return, but I really did not plan it that way. It's just how everything sorta worked out.

While I was out on maternity leave, I got a call to interview for a school social worker position in the local school district. Well, I didn't get a call out of the blue; I had submitted my resume and application a while back. Anyhow, it's the same school district where my husband teaches. I, of course, said yes to the interview because I've always wanted to work in the schools. I had interviewed for this same position previously about 3 years ago and didn't get it. Bummer!

So I went into the interview with high hopes but realizing I may not get it again. It's a pretty coveted position around these parts. The interview went well, and the lady who interviewed me remembered me from 3 years ago. I felt good after I left, but again, you never know how these things are going to turn out.

Well, last week (my final week of maternity leave) I got a call with a job offer to be a social worker in the school system. And I said, "Yes, yes, yes!", with much enthusiasm and delight.

So I returned to my old job with Child Protectives Services and gave them my "I quit this bitch!" letter. Actually, it was a standard resignation letter, and I have no ill feelings about leaving my current agency. I have gotten lots of good experience here and met some really good people. While I am sad to leave, I am happy to go. It is all bittersweet. I will mostly miss my co-workers rather than the work.

I look forward to the transition. There has been so much change for my hubby and me in 2010 that it all seems fitting to finish the year off with leaving my current job.

And the job change just makes sense. Especially now that I have a little guy that I want to get home to spend time with in the evenings. The hours are better, the schedule is better, and the work is different. I've been needing this job change for quite some time and it comes at the perfect time.

I look forward to new beginnings in my career in 2011. I am excited to see what the future holds for me in my career, and I am happy to be making this change now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me All About It: