Giving Thanks...Today and Everyday

So this post is a little late as Thanksgiving was celebrated a week ago...but better late than never, right? We had a nice Thanksgiving holiday this year as we spent it on the Outer Banks with my side of the family. We surely did miss Naener's family, and it wasn't the same without them. But it was good to get away and do something different this year. 

The holidays always remind me of all the special memories I had of celebrating them when I was a child. The traditions that I got to participate in with my family will never be forgotten. Of course, traditions have changed through the years as I have grown older and family dynamics have changed (the passing of older loved ones and the birth of new family members). The holidays really are different when celebrated as an adult, especially when there are no little ones in the family. But now that we have a child, I hope that we can create the same sense of tradition for him to carry on in his memory for years to come. I want Quin to look back at the holidays from his childhood years and have a warm smile brought to his face. 

We attempted to get some good photos of Quin in his adorable outfit. 
He was in no mood for pictures. 
Soooo...

 We were left with a screaming baby...for most of the day! Oy!

 My parents as very happy grandparents to their 2 grandsons!

 First Thanksgiving as a Family

 The Whole Crew
Oops! This is weird!
Naeners is nestled with BroWife and Me With Bro!
Awkward!

Thanksgiving 2010
We got it right this time!

There are so many things to be thankful for this year...this day...and every day! This year really had been a blessing to us, and I count my lucky stars for all the goodness in my life (even on the days when I complain, rant, and rave).

I am thankful for:

  • My loving husband, whom, on some days, I do not deserve. He is a great provider and supporter to me and our family. He goes above and beyond the call of duty to care for me and the things we have. I couldn't make it in this life without him.
  • My son! He truly is the most amazing thing in this world, and I can't believe I made him (with some help, of course).
  • My family and friends...who love me despite my craziness.
  • The fact that I had such and easy pregnancy and a great birth.
  • Giving birth to a perfect, healthy little boy.
  • Having a job, a roof over my head, and being able to pay the bills.
  • Knowing that I may not have everything I want but I surely have everything I need.
So...for the rest of this year and onward into 2011, I am going to be sure to be grateful for all that I do have...each and everyday! Life is good (even when things seem bad).

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on everything! I'm sure you're a terrific mom.

    Julianne

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me All About It: