Quotable Quote of the Week

Sometimes the most urgent thing you can possibly do is take a complete rest.  ~Ashleigh Brilliant

I learned this lesson the hard way. I worked my butt off this past Saturday trying to clear out the old guest room so that Naeners and DadLaw can get to work on it this coming week to start the transformation into a nursery. I did too much too quickly. I paid for it severely on Sunday. I couldn't move. I had no energy. I was exhausted. It has finally hit home with me that my body no longer belongs to me...it belongs to my child. I have no choice but to take things slow and rest often. It's a hard concept for me, especially when I have something in my mind that I want to accomplish...but this is the way it has to be. I am letting go...and letting the hubby do the hard labor. I think I'll just rest and become the resident supervisor of activities around the house....now, that doesn't sound too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me All About It: