We've Been Hit...

by a NATURAL DISASTER!!!

Not to worry, though, it's only a natural disaster inside of home courtesy of ourselves. Whenever we take on a home project, even if it's only one room, the rest of the house seems to turn into chaos. Does that happen to anyone else?

We Naeners and DadLaw are working on the future nursery as well as our bedroom. They are hard at work getting the walls painted. And to get the rooms ready for painting, they had to be cleared. The rooms are cleared, but the junk had to go somewhere. I had no idea that we had so much STUFF. We are overwhelmed with stuff. The good thing is that I get a chance to go through our belongings and weed out some things we no longer need. (I hope Naeners doesn't miss that stack of t-shirts that went into the Goodwill bag! I kid! I kid! I know Naeners is reading this post, and he's made it clear not to throw out any of stuff without his seal of approval!) WHEW! I've gotten side-tracked here. Let me get back to my original point...our disaster area. Let's take a look.

The nursery is cleared, spackeled, and ready to be sanded and then painted. 
This picture also shows my baby bump at 15 weeks.

Here is our front room in all of its cluttered glory. Very inviting, isn't it? 

The dining room table...can you see Naener's skivvies? Makes me want to go eat dinner right now!

I am not going to show you a picture of our bedroom...I am too ashamed of its before state to share it with the world. Let's just say it is getting a much needed makeover, and maybe Naeners and I can finally have an "adult" bedroom! 

All of the drawers you see pictured above are our "new" furniture for our bedroom recently inherited from my maternal grandparent's home (RIP Merle & Papa). They definitely have a vintage look about them, but alas, we will have a matching set and plenty of drawer space. It's big times for us. Ultimately, it's the little things (like inheriting a dresser and chest-of-drawers) that make life exciting. And, you learn to work with what you got!

The dresser we had been using was mine from childhood. And I think my parents inherited it from somewhere/someone when I was about 4 years old. It's a pretty good piece of furniture, but it just doesn't meet our needs anymore. Sooooo, it's getting a makeover and will become a fixture in the new nursery. It's getting sanded down and painted and will become a changing table for the Mini-Stink. DadLaw worked his butt off yesterday sanding the dresser. 

DadLaw was somewhat hesitant to sand it because he likes furniture in its original state, 
but he obliged me and sanded away. 

And last, but not least, I want to give a shout out to my hubby for all of his hard work and for putting up with me. It hain't been easy!!! Since I currently have some limitations with what I can and can't do, he's had to do the brunt of the hard labor (I'll return the favor later when I birth his child in September). He's been a trooper...for the most part...and has been able to appease my ever-changing mood and demands. And that, my friends, is why I love this man!


Naeners is happy to be doing the trim work! 
Well, not really, because that is usually my role when we paint, 
but I've gotta stay away from those paint fumes! Ack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me All About It: