Pregnancy: My Good and Not-So-Good Experiences

I've been thinking a lot about my pregnancy experience lately. Being pregnant has been one of those life events that I have always looked forward to having. Now that my pregnancy with this child is coming to an end, I just want to reflect on the things that I have enjoyed and embraced as well as the unpleasantries of this pregnancy.

The Good
  • Feeling like I was pregnant...I just knew it!
  • Confirming I was pregnant (x3)
  • Telling Nae-Nae we were pregnant
  • Getting Nae-Nae's reaction on video
  • Hearing the heartbeat and seeing the baby for the 1st time (9wks)
  • Hearing the heartbeat at each doctor's appointment
  • Feeling the first flutters of movement
  • Naener's reaction to feeling the first kick
  • Feeling the kicks get harder and stronger throughout the pregnancy
  • Watching my belly grow
  • Telling my parents, his parents, our families, and our friends
  • Sharing the news with my Merle (grandmother) before she passed away
  • Feeling like a complete woman; my body has come full circle and doing it's intended purpose
  • Letting go of the control I once had over my body
  • Curves
  • Learning to embrace the bodily changes 
  • Feeling boob-a-licious and having cleavage for once in my life
  • Thick head of hair
  • Getting pedicures more often
  • People wanting to touch the belly (with permission)
  • Support and interest from people
  • Kindness of friends, family, co-workers, and even strangers
  • Keeping the sex a surprise
  • Hearing everyone's guesses as to what the sex will be and the theories that go along with the guess
  • Going to breast feeding classes and labor and birth classes with my hubby
  • Sharing this experience with my hubby
  • Nesting
  • Healthy pregnancy...everything has been normal and right on track
  • Feeling my maternal instinct get stronger and stronger
  • Preparing for and living for something that is larger than me...it's not about just me
  • Anticipation of meeting this little gal or guy
The Not-So-Good
  • Fear of the 1st trimester
  • Waiting for the 1st ultrasound (9wks)
  • Keeping it a secret throughout the 1st trimester
  • Letting go of the control I once had over my body
  • Nausea in the 1st trimester
  • Food aversions (meat was so gross to me - ugh) in the 1st trimester
  • Getting a fat butt
  • People commenting on the fat butt
  • Cankles (swollen ankles and feet)...UGH!
  • Big thighs
  • Dealing with the changing body
  • Heartburn
  • Constipation
  • Hemorrhoids...no, wait...just one annoying hemorrhoid
  • Peeing all of the time
  • Unable to get into a comfortable position to sleep
  • Restless leg syndrome
  • Belly hair...where the hell did all those hairs come from?
  • Looking like Buddha when I sit down
  • Having my boobs rest on my stomach and my stomach rest on my thighs (this is not a good scene during heat indexes of 100+ degrees, my friends)
  • Unwelcomed touches to the belly
  • Sensitive belly skin (in the 3rd trimester)
  • Not sleeping
  • Anticipation of when labor will begin (this sitting here and waiting is killing me)
  • Anxiety
  • Sensitivity to...well, everything and everyone!!!
  • Nesting
  • Driving everyone around me NUTS
  • The unknowns...of pregnancy, having a newborn, being a parent
  • Unpredictability 

**This list is not exhaustive. I will be back and updating this list as more things pop into my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me All About It: