Hump Day Dump Day

So I've read several blogs where the blog author has what is called a "brain dump." She essentially dumps out all sorts of random information that has been occupying space in the brain.

I like the idea of getting rid of the random pieces of information that seem to float around upstairs. I think I am going to give this brain dump thing a try. I am not sure that I will do it every week, but I think it will be a good thing to do when I am having one of those weeks when I feel like my head is going to explode with information (useful and not-so-useful).

Introducing, for the first time, Stinky's Hump Day Dump Day.

1. I took 2 long walks on Tuesday. As I waddled the streets around my neighborhood, I reminisced about the days when I was really into running and used to pound the pavement with my running sneakers. I think I might have to get back into running after this baby gets here...I enjoyed it, and I am sure it will be a good way to shed the baby weight.

2. I sometimes wonder if I can ever be satisfied. Last week I was complaining about dragging myself to work and how hard it's gotten to go to work being so big and pregnant, and yesterday I felt odd about not being at work and kind of missed it. What gives?

3. I tried to save about $0.25 by purchasing store brand vegetarian baked beans instead of the usual Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans. The $0.25 was not worth saving. The beans were nasty in comparison to Bush's. Some things are just worth spending the extra pennies on.

4. Is it weird that I am excited about getting my weekly emails from Food Lion and Harris Teeter regarding the weekly specials? I can't wait to make my grocery list today.

5. I am really trying to get the biggest bang for my buck by shopping the circulars and using coupons. We've learned some coupon tricks that I hope to get better at using and hopefully share with you later on.

6. I felt a sense of accomplishment when I shopped at Harris Teeter about 2 weeks ago and spent about $42 but saved about $49 (with coupons and VIC specials). I hope to do more saving than spending in the future.

7. I got a tiny lemon pie (one serving size) from Food Lion on Monday. I was hoping that it would taste nasty, and I wouldn't like it. It was delicious. Now I fear that I am going to have pick one up every time I drive my cart past the bakery.

8. I debated about whether or not I should watch Dancing with the Stars this season. I have been totally annoyed that Bristol Palin was picked to be on the show and has been the one getting so much attention. Since when does one get to rise to "stardom" because of getting knocked up while in high school?

9. I watched Dancing with the Stars. I can't help it. I love the costumes and the dancing. It's a guilty pleasure for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me All About It: