No Rest for the Weary

I know that I usually keep things light and airy on here. And lately, it's been all I can do to muster up the time and energy to post anything at all. But there has been a lot going on in my little world these days...and it's not all fun and games or butterflies and rainbows (even though it may seem that way on here). While I don't always talk about the "yucky" stuff on here, I feel it important to express that nothing is perfect, and I go through struggles and worries like everyone else. I typically don't talk about those things in a public forum because nobody wants to dig up her own dirty laundry and struggles and rehash it. I want to remember the good times and the fun stuff, but I truly believe that it is the struggles and hardships that define us and allow us to become a better person with more perspective and understanding. Now, I am not saying that my struggles are horrible or any different from any other person's (and most are just a regular part of living in this crazy undefined world), but they are my own and relative to my reality of life.

There have been some things that have been weighing heavily on my mind. I feel like a ball of jumbled up emotions and feelings and thoughts, and sometimes all of these things are conflictual and leave me feeling confused and CRAZY!!

I have been working through those emotions and feelings, though! When things get to a point where I feel like I am not functioning as a normal human being and my thoughts and feelings are interfering with my normal everyday life, then I know I must take action. I owe it to myself and to my spouse (and to my future child, and to my family and friends) to not ignore the fact that I am feeling bad and to confront my issues head first.

We all get in the dumps sometimes! Life is a roller coaster! And to be a full and healthy human being, I feel it is my duty to work through the yucky stuff so I can enjoy the good stuff. I don't won't to be bogged down with heavy thoughts and burdens.

I have taken action! I am taking action! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me All About It: