14 Weeks

Today I am 14 weeks along with the mini-stink!

Not much has changed from last week to this week. I got to take my mom to the OB appointment with me on Friday, and she got to hear the heartbeat. She was such a pleasure to take along, and I am glad she could be a part of it. The appointment itself was rather brief. The OB said everything was good, and there were no current concerns. I give that a thumbs up in my book!

14 weeks
I think the bump looks slightly bigger, or is that just bloat?

The future nursery in all of its current glory, er, I mean mess.

In my own true fashion, I failed to take "before" pictures of the room before I started rampaging through it and taking things down. I can't help myself. I get something in my head (and then you add these hormones and this nesting thing),  and I can't stop myself. I went to town last week getting things out of the room, taking stuff off the walls, stripping the bed, etc. 

I know it may seem a little early to start working on the nursery, but timing is everything. The DadLaw will be making his way to our little home during Naeners spring break to help with painting the room and the furniture. Plus, in my own organized, self-determined, over eager way, I want the nursery done long before this baby gets here so I don't have to worry about it in the 11th hour.  

To prep for the DadLaw, we've got to get the guest bed out of the what-is-gonna-be-the-nursery into the current office (aka soon-to-be office/guest room). I must say that guests are going to get the shaft compared to the room the baby will have, but to the baby's credit, he/she will be living here full time. 

Things get tight in a 1959 ranch style home we are quickly learning.

Crib Bedding, Piggy Bank, & Paint Swatches

When I saw this crib bedding, I knew I had to have it. Naeners and I are not sure if we are going to find out the sex of the baby, so I was going for gender neutral bedding. Plus, we can pass it on to the next child no matter the sex. I just love the bold, bright colors. As you can see in the picture, I've got my paint swatches strewn all over the bedding...another decision that needs to be made before DadLaw gets here...especially if he is coming here to paint.

We visited a Target store one day and saw the piggy bank, and I knew it would be a perfect match. It's never too early to start pinching those pennies for the little baby as we are also quickly discovering!

Other than getting things prepped for painting, things are kind of slow around here...just the trudge and budge of every day life! Oh, and I am totally digging the mini-cupcakes I picked up front Food Lion...just what the baby momma ordered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me All About It: