Remember When...

...I said I was going to kick-off The Year of Stink-Stank? And well, I didn't! I haven't! I am back and am going to try again!

 I thought it would be fun to set some goals and resolutions starting at the beginning of my year rather than making New Year's resolutions that I never have any intention of keeping. I've been thinking long and hard about my life and on what areas I could make better and more fulfilling. I think, for the most part, I am good person with good qualities, but that doesn't mean that there isn't room for improvement.

I am keeping it simple and to the point with my goals. Some of the goals may seem silly to you, but these are things that I struggle with on a continual basis. I hope to add to my goal list through the year, or to kick-off the 2nd Year of Stink-Stank with more difficult goals...we'll see.

I had wanted to kick-off The Year of Stink-Stank officially on my birthday. I've been thinking about goals for myself for the upcoming year (well before I had initially planned to kick-off The Year of Stink-Stank), but like usual, I got side-tracked with stuff, and thus, The Year of Stink-Stank got put on the back burner. Now, that I am officially one month behind, here goes...11 months and counting to make these things happen!

Health & Beauty:
1. Wash my face before bed every night! (It's true! I don't do it! I've struggled with this since adolescence.)
2. Floss my teeth! (I really don't do it as much as I should. I do it upon occasion but can't seem to make it a habit.)
3. Be more girly and glamorous! (I think I've become a plain Jane and a little fuddy-duddy with age. I need to treat myself like that girly-girl that I know that I am.)
4. Eat more fruits and vegetables! (I've been paying attention to what I eat, and there have been days when I go throughout the whole day without eating one piece of fruit or vegetable. Terrible!)
5. Develop a regular exercise routine! (I was, at one point, an avid runner and doing pretty well at it. That has gone away. I haven't exercised in over a year. Oy!)


Intellect & Brain Stimulation:
1. Read more books! (I don't read nearly enough! I watch a lot of crap tv and should instead be investing myself in learning something new in a good book).


Hobbies & Interests:
1. Learn how to do something new! (I don't have a hobby. I need one desperately.)
2. Get crafty at home! (There are so many crafty ideas out there. I want to do them, too!)


Fun & Recreation:
1. Find more free stuff to do! (There is so much to do. I should never be bored, but I always find myself getting that way! Plus, with the economy, free is always good.)
2. Take more days trips! (Money can be tight, so a vacation for a week is not always an option for us! But a vacation for a day would be lovely!)


Relationships:
1. Invest more time and energy in my relationships! (This includes my hubby along with my family and friends.)

So come and join me as I kick-off The Year of Stink-Stank! I will be keeping you post on my progress and trials as related to these goals. Not only will I have to hold my self accountable, but I am hoping that you will help me and encourage me as I attempt to make some improvements in my life!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me All About It: