Quotable Quote of the Week


Accept challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory. ~George S. Patton

I am accepting a challenge to myself not to drink any alcohol during the month of December. I know it may seem odd to challenge myself not to drink (it sounds as if I have a drinking problem, but I don't), but I have heard of other people doing the same thing, as in Sober-Tober (no drinking for the month of October). I thought it would be fun to give it a whirl.

The reasons for this challenge are twofold. First, I am getting too old to drink like I used to do. This point was made clear to me yesterday and this morning. I had a good ol' time drankin' beer, watchin' football, and eatin' KFC, and blabbering away yesterday. All was fine and good until I woke up this morning around 5am with a terrible headache and the feeling of wanting to throw-up. And I did vomit around 7:15am this morning. It really sucked. Now, I am not saying that everytime I drink, I get hungover and sick, because I don't. But man, when I do, I always tell myself that I am quittin' "for real" this time because my body can't handle it like it did in my novice drinking days. So, "for real" - I'm quittin' - at least for the month of December. Second, I think this challenge will play into my larger overall "Stink-Stank" goal of being healthier. Cutting out the alcohol means cutting out useless calories as well as means feeling and looking better and healthier.

Anyone want to join in the challenge with me? Please!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! I participated in "More Sober Than Most" Octobers by cutting back a bit. Stuff like... not drinking during the week helps and not buying bottles of wine for home. I became very familiar with what I call the "cranberry spritzer" which is just cranberry and seltzer, but it looks and feels like a drink so it tricks you!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me All About It: