Quotable Quote of the Week and a Little More


Last weekend, Nae-Nae and I headed up to Roanoke, VA, to visit with MomLaw and DadLaw. I love the ride up to Roanoke because most of the trip is spent on rural semi-mountainous roads. The little towns are cute, and I always find myself wondering about the people who live out in the middle of nowhere. Anywho, one of the things I love even more is reading the self-made billboards along the roads, most of them on church signs. I saw this quote and immediately had to make note of it:



Whatever you do get better at it. 


How true is that? I really do need to work on getting better at my job and at the things I do in my personal life. Gotta love that country wisdom!


So...


As some people may know, Roanoke, VA, is known as the Star City. The reason it is known as the Star City is because there is a giant star on top of a mountain (just off the Blue Ridge Parkway) that lights up at night. It is a big tourist attraction and apparently you haven't really seen Roanoke unless you've been up to "the star."


On Sunday, July 12, 2009, was my first trip up to the star. It was truly a monumental occasion for me because I have been asking to see "the star" ever since I heard about when Nae-Nae and I started dating in 2002. It only took us 7 years, but I finally got my trip up to the star, and now I can feel like I have truly visited Roanoke. 


You can also get a better view of Roanoke from the Star Cam by going to the website:  www.roanokeva.gov/starcam


It is updated every 15 seconds, so you can get on the phone, tell your friends and family to go to the website, and they can watch you as you visit the star at Roanoke.


Here are a few pictures from my first time up to THE STAR:

"The Star" in Roanoke, VA


Some details about The Star and the Star Cam


Nae-Nae poses with The Star


Since Nae-Nae did a "cool" pose, I had to do one, too, for the star.

Nae-Nae finally takes Stinky to The Star after 7 years.




3 comments:

Tell Me All About It: