NaBloPoMo

I've decided that I am going to participate in NaBloPoMo - National Blog Posting Month. You may be wondering what NaBloPoMo is all about. Well, per the website, here is a little description:


What is National Blog Posting Month?
Essentially, it's a group of people who have committed to updating their blogs once a day for an entire month.

But why is it called National Blog Posting Month if it happens every month?
The whole thing started off as a goof based on National Novel Writing Month, the challenge of which is to try to write an entire novel during the month November. Not everyone can commit to an endeavor of such magnitude, though, and so National Blog Posting Month was born. However, after doing a November NaBlo for a couple of years in a row it seemed that a lot of people had found their momentum and wanted to keep going into December and beyond. So now NaBloPoMo is something you can drop into any month of the year, though November is still the biggest month, and is the only month when members donate prizes that are then given out randomly to other members who posted every day in November.


I somehow stumbled across this concept last year and knew that I would participate in it one of these months. Since November is the actual month it originated in, I thought I would take part in the November NaBloPoMo for 2010. I think it will help get me motivated to get back onto the blogging scene. Nothing motivates me more than a challenge...most of the time. Since I've been having a difficult time coming up with content and making time to get things written down, I thought this would be a nice avenue for me to dust off the ol' cobwebs and get the little wheels a churnin'. So...here goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me All About It: