4-Week Round-up

It's been a busy 4 weeks. We've been going here, there, and yon on the weekends and doing stuff around the house. Plus, for some reason, work has been atrociously bad the month of June (I've been investigating more CPS reports than usual). By the time I am done each day with work, with home stuff,  or with traveling, and oh yeah, with growing a baby, I am plum tuckered out. But here is the whirlwind tour of the baby bump growth and a few other things we've been up to these days. 

On June 12, we drove down South to just outside of Charlotte for the annual family reunion on my paternal side of the family. It was great to see family and catch up with everyone. There was, of course, good food to be had, and we sure did gobble it up. The heat was quite....shall I say...HOT! But we survived. We can't wait to go back next year when we actually have our little one in tow!


Me and my Grandma 

There was even a little baby shower for us at the reunion!
We sure do appreciate the generousity of our family, 
and we got some really neat and thoughtful stuff for the baby-to-be!


Baby Bump - Week 26 (almost)
A little sweaty...but takin' it!

The next weekend, June 19, we were off to the Charlotte area again for a wedding. We got to see one of my college friends get married. She certainly was a beautiful bride (as I knew she would be). Everything at the wedding was perfection, and we really did enjoy ourselves. 


Me and the Bride
(My face looks so chub-a-licious in this picture, but it wasn't about me...
it's all about the Bride, and she looks gorgous!)


Baby Bump - Week 27 (almost)
We did take the opportunity to get a bump picture in front of the fountain at the reception site! Plus, I really liked my dress and wanted to show it off!

We continued to work on all things home and nursery related in our "down" time...which for me has been after work. I am glad to say that we are actually making some progress in the nursery. It had been a while...let's say...maybe March...since we've really touched anything in the nursery. But we're in full force now. I hope to have it done sooner rather than later. I just hope that in the meantime I don't drive my hubby stark-raven crazy harping on what we need to get done before this little booger arrives. Again, he has taken things in stride by saying, "Okay, honey!"

Baby Bump - Week 28
I love our new little floor lamp. It is very colorful (which you can't really tell by the picture)!
I know I look beautiful...Ha! Actually, it is the look of being completely worn out and tired from going to work, watching Naeners play soccer in awfully hot weather, and cleaning out the sunroom (kind of). I think I went to bed right after this picture was taken, and from the looks of me, I needed to!

My Mom gets in on the painting action this past weekend.
Doesn't she look like a proud grandma? She was at my beck-and-call and went along with whatever I needed done this weekend. I hope I can be that kind of mom to my kid!

Baby Bump - Week 29 (that's today)
As you can see, the bump has grown, and the dresser is complete with the exception of the hardware! 
Oh, yea, and there are now blinds hanging in the windows! Woot!

So that pretty much brings us up to speed. Whew! Well, I am actually off to relax right now. We got some fresh NC peaches from the farmer's market today, so I think I will have a peach and enjoy watching the bachelorette! 

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. what a great reap - you look great!
    It was SO good to see you at the wedding. I wish I got to spend more time with you - but isn't that always the case. and yes, you were wearing a FAB dress - glad you showed it off. love you!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me All About It: