In our Bedroom

I am so happy to be back in our bedroom. Last night was the first night we slept in our bedroom since March 31st. The sad thing is that I did not sleep all that well because I was so excited and I felt like I was sleeping in a new place...like a hotel or something. I am hoping to get better night's rest tonight. 

It is nice to have a freshly painted room that was thoroughly cleaned before moving back into it. It is amazing how much dog hair had accumulated in places that were covered up by our furniture. We'll just call it a good ole spring cleaning...something I should do more of and more often. (Don't get me wrong! I clean my house, but my cleaning typically does not involve moving furniture, washing windows, and vacuuming blinds.)

There are few more things we need to do to make our "adult" bedroom complete. Most of these things will involve help from Mom. I need to make a bedskirt, window treatments, runners for the dressers, and slipcovers for new doggie beds. The night stands also need a little makeover with some some spray paint. We would eventually like to get a tv that mounts to the wall, but until the budget allows for that, we are stuck with on old school 1995 tv sitting in the middle of the dresser. We're making it work and using what we got!

17 weeks pregnant and feeling good!
This picture is in our "adult" bedroom because nothing has changed in the nursery. Since the kid will be spending the first few weeks in our room, I thought I would do a pregnancy shot in it. Plus, I wanted to show off the "vintage" furniture we inherited. In an odd sort of way, it feels like my maternal grandparents get to be a part of this moment. 

Self-photography with a timer and a tri-pod. 
I thought I caught a pretty good candid moment!

So things are moving along. Now, I just need to get the rest of the house in order. It's a good thing one of my bestest buddies is coming into town on Friday because nothing motivates a good house cleaning like guests coming into town.

1 comment:

Tell Me All About It: