Quotable Quotes

I've always been a big fan of quotes - quotes from songs, from movies, from poetry, from novels, from friends and family. Sometimes, a quote from a song or movie or poem can capture a moment perfectly. I don't have the eloquence to put things in words sometimes, so I love it when I come across a saying that gets right to the point of how I am feeling or of what I am trying to express. I've always used quotes as my kind of "scripture" in life.

When I was in college I started a journal just for the quotes that I came across in my everyday life. These quotes came from all sorts of sources. As time progressed, I stopped using the journal - got older, got busy, stuffed the journal in a drawer somewhere, etc. I came across my journal of quotes not too long ago and started reading some of the quotes that gave me inspiration. Then, reading the quotes gave me inspiration to start tracking sayings that I like again. - the little sayings that give my life meaning in a particular moment in time.

Here are a few of my favorites from the days when I first started the journal:

**What I must do, is all that concerns me, not what people think.  Ralph Waldo Emerson

**Clear and sweet is my soul, and clear and sweet is all that is not my soul. Walt Whitman (Song of Myself (3))

**In the end, what a friend wants for herself, that's what you have to want for her as well. Alice Hoffman (Here on Earth, Ch. 18)

**Real friends are those who, when you've made a fool of yourself, don't feel that you've done a permanent job. Erwin T. Randall

**My future is one I must make myself. Louis L'Amour

**No dream is too high for those with their eyes in the sky. Buzz Aldrin

**Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. James Dean

My goal, as stated earlier, is to start tracking quotes again. I hope to share them with you, and I hope that you will share your favorite quotes with me as well as what they mean for you.

2 comments:

  1. “All creatures must learn to coexist. That is why the brown bear and the field mouse can share their lives in harmony. Of course, they can't mate or the mice would explode.”
    Rose Nyland
    Oh... Guess you meant serious quotes :) sj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it....love it...love it!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me All About It: