Change

Why, I ask, why is it so hard to make simple changes? I find myself struggling with the concept of change each and every day. There are some changes I would like to make because I believe the changes would be of a greater benefit to my everyday existence, but I find myself not being able to make the changes day after day. What is wrong with me? I'll give an example of a change I am trying (unsuccessfully) to implement. In an earlier post, I had stated that I needed to start exercising...simple enough. However, there never seems to be enough hours in the day to squeeze in exercising. I thought I would do it when I get home from work, but by the time I get home, I want to spend that time with Nae-Nae and the dogs. (I know, I know...excuses, excuses). So, I thought, "Hey, I could get up earlier and exercise in the morning, so then my evenings would be free." This week I decided to set my alarm earlier and take the dogs for a walk in the morning before work. I only had a three day work week this week, so I thought I would surely be able to do it at least for those three days. Alarm set...ready to roll. Morning comes...alarm buzzes. What? Already? Nae-Nae comes into the bedroom on the first morning of attempting to get up early. He was confused as to why my alarm was going off. I hadn't told him of my plan (I'll get to that in a minute). He questioned me and in my sleepy stupor, I said something of the sort, "I'm experimenting." That was that. I didn't get up. Repeat the alarm going off two more days in a row and me not getting up at an earlier time. It is so disappointing. See, I usually don't tell my hubby of my plans to make changes because there is no need to have an additional person disappointed in my inability to make a simple change. I am not sure what is going to take other than sure will power. I know I can do it. I also know that it is going to be rough the first few times until it becomes routine...I just have to get over that initial hurdle. Oh, yea, and over the simple fact that I am not a morning person, and I love, love, love to sleep. Ahhh. Change. It's up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me All About It: