What's in a Name?

Why "Stinky"? It's simple...it's the term of endearment my hubby (who will be referred to as "hubby" or "Nae-Nae" from here on out) gave me within the first month of us dating way back in 2002. It's a name that has stuck ever since. You may be asking yourself, "How in the world is 'stinky' a term of endearment"? He started calling me "Stinky" because I have quite a sensitive sniffer. He told me that I was always saying, "Peeeewwww-weeeee!" or "Something stinks." or "What's that smell"? From that point forward he dubbed me "Stinky." Over time there have been variations to the name such as "Big Stink" and "Baba Stink" (when I am eating a lot) or just plain "Stink." The name has even transferred to one of our mutts, Marlee, who we also lovingly refer to as "Little Stink." Stinky is a persona, a way of being, a lifestyle that my loving hubby was able to capture and pinpoint in those first few weeks of us getting to know each other. So, no, I didn't stink (and still don't stink)!

1 comment:

Tell Me All About It: